Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

Default Zarathustra SACD/DSD

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:54:51 PM UTC-4, John Williamson wrote:
On 11/05/2021 11:20, Chris K-Man wrote:
_______
Original analog 1974, might be the version on this CD: https://www.amazon.com/Strauss-Sprac.../dp/B000001GQT

2001: came out in 1968 in theaters, so Karajan must have performed
exclusively for Kubrick before then.

No, it was a commercially released recording, and seems to be the the
that was recorded in 1959, which is the only one I can find listed
online. The orchestra recorded other versions, but not with Karajan in
charge.

*All* the music used in 2001 was readily available commercial releases,
and the music track was mixed not long before the cinematic release.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

_________
That 1959 one would make sense for use in 2001:.

It's widely considered to be THE Zarathustra by which all other
performances of it are compared.

And then, there's THISI was three when it aired, but I remember
hearing it on TV in my folks' living room)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zLmsZC45-m8&t=360s