Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah[_6_] Tobiah[_6_] is offline

Default 4-track cassette deck recordings

I saved up for an eternity when I was a kid and bought a Yamaha MT1X. I studied
its operation and poured over the block diagram until I understood exactly
what it could do.

I made few recordings with it that were of any note, and none survive.

Does anyone have any examples of interesting recordings that were
made with a similar deck?

One trick I learned was to boost the treble on the way in,
and cut it on the way out. It was an effective noise reduction
technique as the net signal would be mostly unchanged, but the
audible tape hiss would be reduced in the high-cut.