Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Cheap preamp for video calls?

On 3/27/2021 7:36 PM, geoff wrote:
Why is it that 'normal' people don't need to jump through such hoops for
Zoom sessions ?

Because they don't know or care about good quality audio. A phone's
camera is actually pretty darn good for this purpose, and audio quality
is OK to pretty good. It's either good luck or good planning so that
when you can see yourself in the camera, the mic is in a decent place to
capture your voice.

I'm too dumb to do that. I at least plug a decent lav mic into my TASCAM
interface and clip it on. But I have a crappy camera that's not easy to
position, so people can get decent audio from me on a Zoom connection
but not such a great picture. But that's OK with me.