Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Cheap preamp for video calls?

Tobiah wrote:

I do have an Echo Mia MIDI card in the box that works great
on the linux side. If a had a one or two channel preamp
with phantom I could save rebooting the machine. Just need
something compact and fairly inexpensive, but modern, with
low noise/high gain.

Find a used Symetrix SX202. Clean the pots which will be noisy. You
get two channels with phantom power PLUS the ability to mix those two
channels to one.

When Covid hit, my wife's lessons with her bass teacher went online.
Stuck an SX202 on her computer, gave her a Sennheiser 441 on the desk
and an SM-57 on the bass amp into a Symetrix, and everybody is happy.