Posted to rec.audio.car
mfreak mfreak is offline

Default kicker square sub

(more total cone
area over a given area) than round woofers.

That's the hype I always heard about em, a 12" round sub would have
pi*6ē = 36pi = about 113 inē of area.. A 12" square sub would have
144 inē, so it can push more air, thereby being that much more
effective.. Kicker is a great name, I'm still running 2 Kicker amps
from the 90's and they still work perfectly.

I woudln't be afraid of factory refurbished gear either, even without a
warranty, especially Kicker gear, which I would expect to last plenty
long anyway. One of my friends had a 10" L7 sub once, it was very
impressive for being a single 10 IMO. Can't say about the L5, but I'd
expect it to be pretty damn good,