Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Default kicker square sub

Just about everything can be refurbished on a speaker, cone, coils, surround,
magnets. look up speaker reconning. I for one never did like kicker, their
old Stillwater stuff was alright for its day. Their square speakers are
somewhat like reinventing the wheel, but a lot of people like them.

SPL

Sound Pressure Level

Self Powered Loudspeaker

Scottish Premier League

Sound Performance Lab

Surgical Planning Lab

Software Practices Lab

Structured Product Labeling

Scottish Poetry Library

Science Photo Library

Sandy Point Lodge

Shakespeare Programming Language

Superconducting Proton Linac

Surface Preparation Laboratory

Sound Physics Labs

Summer Pro League

Sears Phytochem Ltd

Short Portuguese Lessons

Hope this helps.

In article . com,
wrote:
I currently drive approximately 200 miles a day for work. I am in my
car A LOT. As you can imagine, I am reaching the limits of my stock
stereo system. I am looking to upgrade. Unfortunately, my budget is
very slim, so I spend a lot of time on the 'net looking for the best
bang for my buck. I have found these speakers:

http://www.ubid.com/Kicker_S12L5_Sol...ubw oofer/a10
772383.html

I am not overly concerned with the fact that they are "manufacturer
refurbished". The 'manufacturer' is who made 'em in the first
place! I am curious as to what can be refurbished on a speaker.

What is everyone's opinion of Kicker? Flame away if necessary. It
seems that these kicker subs seem to be on ubid.com quite often. Is
this a sign of cheapness?

Thanks in advance. I have only been lurking here for about a month, so
please excuse me if I have made any errors in my post.

bob z.
p.s. what does SPL stand for?