Codifus

Codifus wrote:
wrote:

On 3/26/2005 12:50 AM, Barry Mann wrote:

In , on 03/25/05 at 09:38 AM,
Dan said:

After doing some research I decided to use Cdex. It has worked
flawlessly for me. But I decided to use OGG instead of MP3 after
comparing the sound quality on my stereo.

Thanks. A the moment OGG is not an option fo me.

CDex will rip MP3! It uses the LAME encoder.

If you want to encode MP3, LAME seems to be THE encoder. I use the
encoder built into Itunes to make the highest quality 192 kbps VBR MP3s.
Works fine for me.

From what I hear about OGG, it sounds better, but may cause
considerably more power consumption for the device decoding it. In a
home stereo situation, that would not much matter, but for portable
players, that may hurt your playing time between charges/battery
replacement significantly.

CD

Well, I've had a change of heart. I thought the itunes mp3 encoder was
adequete, but after a while noticed that my music was starting to sound
the same. Bass was muddled etc. I found a LAME encoder for Itunes and
have completely substituted. LAME really is awesome. Very slow, but
very awesome.

CD