Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default DSLR Mic Input

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 9:28:27 PM UTC-5, mcp6453 wrote:
A friend wants to record video on a Nikon D800E DSLR while using an external audio mixer. He's going to get a
line-to-mic-level cable, which solves the level problem, but I wonder what he's supposed to do about the bias voltage on
the mic input. A lot of people just ignore it, but I blew the element out of a 635A once by doing that. What's the best
solution?

you must record audio separately and slate it. While I have not used that particular DSLR, every DSLR I Have come into contact with has non defeatable AGC on the external inputs, which will trash your audio.