Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default DSLR Mic Input

All true. I just wonder how many people destroy cameras or microphones by not addressing the bias voltage on the mic
input issue. Apparently it's not a big problem. Maybe I just got unlucky.

On 2/16/2017 9:33 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 7:15:14 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/15/2017 9:28 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
A friend wants to record video on a Nikon D800E DSLR while using an external audio mixer.

the other option is to record "B roll" audio on the DSLR with a small or built in mic and record the "real audio" on a separate dedicated audio recorder.

The hard part is then syncing the two together during editing.

If you can "slate" at the start of the take, it makes it pretty easy to sync.

Also the DSLR audio track will help in syncing the real audio to the video