Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Pro-ject 1.2 turntable has ground to a halt

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 07:20:41 -0800, Bill Noble wrote
(in article ):

On 1/5/2011 3:54 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
wrote in message

**Common problem with some of the Pro-Ject TTs. The
platter sags! Remove the mat and look at the platter
from the side. You will probably note that the outer
rim has saged, relative to the spindle. Cheap, crappy
die casting I guess. The only effective solution is to
replace the platter. Your local distributor may still
have stocks. Otherwise, you're screwed. It is not
acceptable to use the platter in that condition.

if it is a diecast platter, just replace with aluminum
or other metal of your choice - any machine shop could
make it for you

It's probably not worth it. After all, one can buy a
pretty good Rega, Music Hall or even a new Pro*Ject
'table for less than $300.

If a manufacturer sold me a turntable with a sagging platter and did not
stand behind it, it would be the last turntable of that brand that I ever
bought.