Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Roy Roy is offline

Default Pro-ject 1.2 turntable has ground to a halt

I have an approximately 10 year old Pro-Ject 1.2 turntable. Over the
last year, the big heavy platter has begun scraping as it spins, and
has finally ground to a halt. If I elevate the platter, by putting a
shim (two old CDs) between it and the sub-platter, that elevates it
enough that it spins again, but with lots of wobble. Obviously not an
ideal fix.

I don't know what's happening, but I'm guessing the sub-platter (which
is what actually spins, driven by the motor/belts) has descended/sunk
a bit.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with this turntable? Is there
any way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!