Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default confirm this combo - amp + sub

sims wrote:
I am new with car audio and just want to double check.

I have a pioneer 12" TS-W307D4
http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POC...ries/TS-W307D4

and the guy at the store suggested this amp

pioneer GM-D7400M
http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POC...M-D7400M?tab=B

when I look at the numbers it seems this amp would under power the sub
or am I getting all the numbers wrong.

as well, the sub is a 4 ohm dual cone but the box says 2 ohm or 8 ohm
impedance, what should I wire it as 2,4, or 8 ohm?

thought I had everything going alright, but to many conflicting numbers
(in my eyes)

any help is greatly appreciated

The sub you have is rated to take 1200 watts maximum power for a
fraction of a second, yet should take 400 watts RMS without issues.

The amp you have in mind should generate 400 watts RMS at a 2 ohm load.
Seems like a perfect match to me.

Follow this link to help you wire your subwoofer:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...s.asp?Q=1&I=42

-Chris