Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car
Mr.T

Default Possible to recombine crossed over (split) component speaker wires?

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
Randy said that the crossovers are internal to the amps - the signal is
apparently already summed going into the amps.

I think he meant it was split *before* going into the existing amps.

Well if that's what he MEANT, he didn't SAY it very well.

Agreed.

The exact words were, "But the crossovers lie WITHIN (emphasis mine)
the front and rear amps."

Yes, but what do you think that means? The only way I can read it is to
assume the "amps" have an active crossover inbuilt. In other words the
signal is split BEFORE being separately amplified, NOT "summed" before being
amplified as you stated.

In any case the signal from the head unit will already be full range, and
the OP obviously has no clue what he is doing, or even trying to achieve.
That is probably why he hasn't come back I guess.

MrT.