Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car
Mr.T

Default Possible to recombine crossed over (split) component speaker wires?

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..
That's what I'm thinking... I don't see why a set of two-way components
wouldn't do the trick, or even a set of coaxials, and just remove the
built-in capacitor crossover and wire the woofer and tweeter directly.

That was suggested by me already. Presumably the OP hadn't thought of

it, or
lacks sufficient knowledge. I guess that's why he asked for help!
Unfortunately expecting a useful answer, when you don't tell people

exactly
what you are trying to achieve, is expecting too much IMO.

You have absolutely no guarantee that the above will work with any give
set of replacement speakers.
The crossover point is important!

Which is why I *already* said he should check the crossover frequencies
first.

MrT.