Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.car
David Nebenzahl

Default Possible to recombine crossed over (split) component speakerwires?

TimPerry spake thus:

"MOSFET" wrote in message

I'm sorry, but for the life of me I just don't understand what the Sam hill
is going on here.

Everybody has been chiming in like this is a really basic question, and
maybe I'm going to feel like a real dummy afterwards, but the best
I ever had used to say the only dumb questions are the ones that don't get
asked. If the signal is full-bandwidth before it goes into one of these
X-overs, why don't you just use THAT signal. I am COMPLETELY unclear as to
why COMBINING is necessary AT ALL! Is there something I missed? I reread
the OP four times just to be sure.

often one has to read between the lines (make assumptions) when not enough
information is given.

in this case my assumption is that poster dosent like the sound of his
biamplified speakers and wants to replace them with full range speakers.

No need to read "between the lines" at all. Just read his last sentence:

"BTW, it's a 2002 BMW 3 series coupe with the Harmon Kardon 12 speaker
abomination."

Obviously, he doesn't like the *speakers*.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"