James Perrett

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:47:00 +0000 (UTC), JM wrote:

Using a HD24 multitrack to record for a video DVD. I need to sync the
unit
to video reference at 25 frmaes per second and EBU timecode at 25 frames.
I have a number of options to buy units such as MOTU Timepiece AV, or the
Alesis BRC.
Has anyone in the UK or elsewhee tried to sync the Alesis using PAL 25
frames per second rather than the American 30 frames per second

You can almost certainly do this with a MOTU Digital Timepiece - I've used
it to slave ADAT's to incoming 25fps linear timecode (EBU) from a
multitrack recorded at a UK TV company. You might find a cheaper way to
do it but the DTP is a great 'sync everything to everything else' box.

Cheers.

James.