Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

On Friday, January 11, 2013 1:05:54 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:12:01 PM UTC-5, Audio_Empire wrote:

But, as interesting as the referenced test is, it has nothing whatsoever to do with this discussion

as far as I can see. Am I missing some hidden meaning in the test? If so, I guess I'm just too dense

to see it.

What are you talking about? YOU'RE the one who introduced the subject of CD/LP comparisons into this thread. That this was ridiculous and irrelevant was MY point.

bob

But I wasn't comparing the record with the CD in the normal sense. I merely said that the Classic Records single-side, 200 gram, 45 RPM remastering of that Mercury title gave me more listening
pleasure than did the CD even though they were remastered to CD and to LP by the same, original
producer. I said nothing about doing a DBT of the two, or even measuring the two. The only
comparison I made was that even though the CD is quieter, will play all the way through without
having to change the record FOUR times, and sounds excellent, I prefer to listen to the pain-in-the-ass
LPs because they give me more musical pleasure. It was one of two examples of Mark's original
hypothesis that I gave.