Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Micrphone recomendatios sought

"Adrian" wrote in message

Your advice would be appreciated: I plan to commence
recording some meetings. The meetings will consist of
singing accompanied by piano followed by a talk. The
recording device will be a Del Latitude fed from a
Behringer 1204 thru a UCA202.

Thus far every microphone I have plugged into the
Behringer gives, insufficient signal. With the faders at
max I seem to barely have enough sound.

Have you adjusted the "trim" control for each microphone input to maximum?

At this point I am thinking of three mic.'s I could go
to four if that would be better.

Do the microphones need phantom power? Is it turned on? If in doubt, turn it
on.

Are the channel mute buttons off (not pushed in)?

How are you monitoring the output of the mixer?

Usually, I set up a mixer like this so that it is giving a reasonble output
to a pair of headphones, and then start recording.