Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] is offline

Default Am I missing something?

* It may have been the liquor talking, but
Bruce K. wrote:

I finally replaced my old Panasonic Portable CD Player and Analog
Headphone Amp (Audio Alchamy).

Rather than buy a expensive CD player for use with my Senn. 600, I
decided to buy a cheap Sony DVD player with a coax digital output and
couple it to a Beresford TC-7520 D to A converter that has a headphone
output.

Here are the links to the products:

Sony DVD Player $29.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665574623

Beresford TC-7520 $269.00

http://www.beresford-dac.com/beresford-tc-7520

I am very satisfied with the sound of this system and I can replace
the cheap DVD player if any moving parts fail.

I was wondering if I gave up anything by not buying a single dedicated
CD player (Marantz, Denon, Rotel) to use with my phones.

Thanks for your input.

Bruce

I think I'm going to take the same path to upgrade my CD source, from a Sony
dedicated player to a DAC with RCA outputs. Good DAC's can be had for a song
these days. Thanks for the info!

*R* *H*