Posted to rec.music.gdead,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
geoff geoff is offline

Default 24-bit on tap at Apple?

Sergey Kubushyn wrote:

Thanks for a suggestion but now, I won't do it. Music is _NOT_ a pure
sinusoidal waves and there are other things like attack, shape etc.
The primary mistake all those proponents of wonderful digital sound
make is assumption that analog audio ends at 20KHz. It doesn't. It
doesn't end even at 30KHz and higher. Its amplitude falls quite
rapidly, yes, but there is no such an abrupt cutoff at 22KHz.

However hearing perception does, but generally much lower than that unless
you are a child. And I betcha most of those beloved LPs have sweet FA above
15KHz coming off them.

If you want to understand about waveforms and 'digital, google Nyquist
theorum, which explains pretty well how lacking your basic understanding of
the subject is.

geoff