Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ear Plug Ear Plug is offline

Default You Tell 'Em, Arnie!

On 10 jul, 06:45, Ed Seedhouse wrote:
On Jul 9, 8:06*pm, Scott wrote:

On Jul 9, 11:59 am, ScottW2 wrote:
Well then I expect soon we will read a newspaper story about how the
JREF foundation has given you a million dollars for proving that you
can hear such differences under blind conditions. *Such a test should
be trivial for you to pass and surely you would not turn down an easy
million dollars?

That's an article that will never be written. JREF are basically
running a shell game with their so called challenge. Any real
demonstration of cables having different sound will ultimately be
disqualified since the cause of such a difference will be within the
laws of physics.

As it should be as most exotic cable manufacturers make claims of
magical properties outside the laws of physics.

the question isn't claims by manufacturers.

It is to me and it quite obviously is to the JREF challenge.

If so then why are they bothering reviewers? Why not make the
challenge to the cable manufacturers. maybe because it is silly to
challenge advertsing copy which is abundant in hyperbole and vague
assertions that are pretty much unchallengable? I guess the real
question is why on earth would you concern yourself over ad copy in a
world where it is silly to take any advertisement at face value. Ads
are sales pitches not documentaries.

A little google searching comes up withhttp://www.randi.org/jr/2007-09/092807reply.html
which shows you what he actually said, and that he actually challenged
Pear Audio's claims directly. *You'll need to scroll down the page to
the headline: MORE CABLE NONSENSE.

One advice to all "cable experts" on this forum.
The best way, to listen you the music is;
OF COURSE YOU MUST USE ORDINARY ZIP or LAMP-CORD...(in combination of
ear plugs)

To be feel good, and thinking you are right, read a lot of CABLE
NONSENSE.

BYE EVERYONE,
Have a good night, sleep well and enjoy the sound of your system.