Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Gigastudio unusable?

On 23/12/2016 4:16 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 22/12/2016 13:42, Scott Dorsey wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

A lot of folks are running software like that.
I'm surprised given the popularity of Gigastudio that people have not
been
petitioning Tascam to release the source code into the wild under
license.
--scott

Maybe they have, and Tascam have decided not to. Shrug

Maybe they also took note of what happened when Adobe sort of released
their old stuff into the wild. I wonder how many sales that cost them?

My bet is bugger all despite what software companies like Adobe may
claim! Most people who use cracks or other methods to obtain commercial
software at no cost, would never dream of paying the prices often asked.
They would simply use freeware or open source versions if necessary.
Same with music, people will often listen to stuff they get for free
they would never pay for. Or better still, they listen, find they like
it and buy the CD for better quality. Have done that many times.

Then of course there are people who use pirated versions of programs
they have already paid for rather than go through the often difficult
registration process, or non existent process as in the question of this
thread. Or sometimes expensive "upgrades" just to get bug fixes.
Often it is difficult to determine who the biggest criminals are, the
software company or the pirates! :-(

Trevor.