Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Gigastudio unusable?

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 8:46:11 PM UTC-5, Brassplyer wrote:
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 5:42:26 PM UTC-5, ramtazz wrote:

Gigastudio was bought out by Tascam some years ago...BUT... Kontakt
has a converter were you can use those wonderful giga files NI's forum
will help you import them. Good Luck!

By Giga files I take it you mean projects you've previously created with it? Or is that not what you mean? What I was thinking of is using Gigastudio as a new user, never having created anything with it. Is that notion a no-go?

From what I read on Gearslutz or whatever it's called, Giga' was discontinued in 2008.

To me, audio programs are a dime a dozen. I used both Audacity, if I have to do any "mixing", then finalize in Goldwave ($50 lifetime membership).
I'm perfectly satisfied what I can do and the results.
Some programs (later called applications, since using legacy names and abbreviations are sometimes criticized here!), they are sort of like Photoshop, where those users had to have the best, but have little knowledge of what it's capable of!!

Jack