John Durbin

My kid has a 99, and that thing rocks with 6.5" midbasses in the doors,
4"/tweeter plate in the dash, plus a heavy duty 8" sub in wedgebox
behind driver's seat. We used Directed Studio stuff for the front and a
prototype 8 plus Viper 450.5 amp to power it and an extra 2-way active
crossover ahead of the amp to set up the bandpass to the midbasses. None
of that is current product but you should be able to find comparable
gear if you dig around a little though.

JD

stagger wrote:
Hi, I have a 2K S-10 Reg cab that Im getting ready to pull out the
Factory stereo and put in a new system.

For front Speakers Seems like I have 3 choices, and was wondering what
would give me the best sound, and Imaging.

1- put in 6.5 co/ax in the door locations.

2- Put in both 6.5 Co/Ax in the door, and 4X6 Co/ax in the dash.

3- Put in seperates with the drivers in the door, and the tweeters in
the dash. (I really dont want to mount the tweeters on the door for
security reasons, plus I currently have this setup in my car and
dislike the tweeters too far away and on a different Axis than the
driver)

Any suggestions what I should do?

Also if it helps, Im going with an Alpine Head for the Time Correction,
and a 8" sub (All I can fit) in a sealed box behind the seat in regular
cab.

Thanks in Advance....