Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default Audio post

On another group, someone who says he's a reviewer posted some blind
items representing audio bargains. I couldn't figure them all out so I
thought I'd present them here to get the discussion going.

1. "great performing MOSFET 150+ Watt/channel stereo power amp for
$200"

2. "fine sounding 65 Watt/channel KT88 tube amp that is a dual mono
design, with 5 pairs of line-level inputs, separate power
supplies(including separate power transformers!) and ceramic tube
sockets and all hand wired, gorgeously finished for under $700"

3. "marvelous tube preamp that's circuit-wise a virtual copy of the
famous Marantz 7 for about $250"

4. "quiet, FET preamp (and a copy of an older Nelson Pass design)
with a decent phono stage for $200"

5. "24-bit/96KHz DAC that perform superbly for @$100"

Me and Mr google have some guesses:

1. There have been many mentions of a cheap Behringer amp with a street
price like that but I don't know if it has MOSFETs. A500 Reference?

2. That's the price of half a PrimaLuna Prologue 2.

3. Mr google maybe scores one, Octave-Electronics M7i.

4. Nada.

5. One-third of the MF V-DAC.

That's casual knowledge and twenty minutes of computer time. Have fun!

Stephen