Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default headphones

ChrisCoaster wrote:
On May 8, 12:40 pm, John Williamson
wrote:

What *I'd* like is a pair that reproduce in my ears exactly what I would
hear if my head were to be in the same position as the microphones.

Until then, I'll have to wing it with what I've got and can afford.

--
Tciao for Now!

John

Is your head as wide as Carnegie Hall, Yankee Stadium? . . .

No, but I normally record with either ORTF or a Jecklin disc.

The closest I've ever got was a pseudo soundfield setup using four
cardiods on a single mount in a cathedral. That got scary when someone
walked past the mics from behind the recording position, and I was
listening on headphones in a locked room.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.