Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

Default Audiophiles' Delight: Vinyl LPs Still Sell

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"ScottW" wrote in message

On Aug 29, 1:57 pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

There are ways that acoustic music NEVER sounds,

Exactly, acoustic music never has rumble, tics, pops,
inner groove distortion, rolled off highs and lows,
etc. Yet I have yet to hear an LP that fails to have
one or more of those failings. I've visited the homes
of audiophiles with tens of thousands in audio gear,
but yet when they play vinyl, one or more of those
failings is audible. I've been to what are alleged to
be some of the best high end audio shows around, and
even in carefully-setup listening rooms, the vinyl
always has one or more of those problems.

and there are plenty of recordings that sound that way.

Right, and among the "recordings that sound that way",
I can count on vinyl to stick its hand right up and say
"I've got clearly audible flaws".

We've been through this before.

Right Jenn, and the only logical conclusion is that
there's something going on with you that keeps you from
hearing the well-known audible flaws of vinyl.

Wrong Arny. As I've said many times before, it's a
matter of "picking your poison". It's ALL artificial. I
can listen through a few tics. I can't listen through a
recorded violin sound that resembles an instrument made
of plastic.

You think digital does that to a recording of a violin?

Given all her rants about the glories of vinyl, one would think...

What rants? As you know perfectly well, all I've said is that the best
at home sound that I've heard is from the best LPs. I've also said that
most CDs sound better than most LPs. Hardly a "rant".

Perhaps your CD player is broken. Even my Arcam doesn't do that.

I blame it all on hysteria.

Sure you do.