Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Audiophiles' Delight: Vinyl LPs Still Sell

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

Wrong Arny. As I've said many times before, it's a
matter of "picking your poison". It's ALL artificial. I
can listen through a few tics. I can't listen through a
recorded violin sound that resembles an instrument made
of plastic.

You think digital does that to a recording of a violin?

I don't know, but I've never experienced that on LP, and
I have on CD.

Obviously Jenn, you lack my 55 years, more or less, of listening to vinyl.

For the first 36 years of my life, basically vinyl was all that we had, and
it often sucked mightily even though our player technology for the last 10
or so years was essentially what is available today.

During that time I heard plenty of recordings that made music sound like it
was played on plastic instruments.

Perhaps your CD player is broken. Even my Arcam
doesn't do that.

Nope, checked out fine 6 mo. ago. Besides, I'm speaking
about all the CD players I've heard.

Obviously a problem with lack of experience, but I think there is a little
bias and hysteria tossed in. Nothing like recently blowing nearly a $grand
on a vinyl player to keep the illusion going.