Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

Default Audiophiles' Delight: Vinyl LPs Still Sell

In article ec0uk.34$Dj1.14@trnddc02,
"Chronic Philharmonic" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

Or another name: "It sounds more like typical acoustic
music to ______ (insert name)."

Mostly said by people who actually have no idea at all
what the original acoustic performance sounded like
because they weren't there.

As I wrote, "typical acoustic music".

Oh, so Jenn you think that all acoustic music sounds the same?

What makes you think that?

There are ways that acoustic music NEVER sounds,

Exactly, acoustic music never has rumble, tics, pops, inner groove
distortion, rolled off highs and lows, etc. Yet I have yet to hear an LP
that fails to have one or more of those failings. I've visited the homes
of
audiophiles with tens of thousands in audio gear, but yet when they play
vinyl, one or more of those failings is audible. I've been to what are
alleged to be some of the best high end audio shows around, and even in
carefully-setup listening rooms, the vinyl always has one or more of
those
problems.

and there are plenty of recordings that sound that way.

Right, and among the "recordings that sound that way", I can count on
vinyl
to stick its hand right up and say "I've got clearly audible flaws".

We've been through this before.

Right Jenn, and the only logical conclusion is that there's something
going
on with you that keeps you from hearing the well-known audible flaws of
vinyl.

Wrong Arny. As I've said many times before, it's a matter of "picking
your poison". It's ALL artificial. I can listen through a few tics. I
can't listen through a recorded violin sound that resembles an
instrument made of plastic.

If it sounds that way, it is because of the production quality, not because
of the technology. Digital audio is the closest thing we have to a straight
wire between the performance and your living room.

I've heard the effect on CD. I've not heard the effect on the best LPs.