Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Phono preamps that are extremely excellent

On Feb 12, 10:09*am, Glanbrok wrote:
Boon said to duh-Scottie:

*Can you be any more technically illiterate? * I really don't see how.

I said "little more than." Could you be more illiterate illiterate?
Why do you keep embarrassing yourself like this?

I'm sure that's a rhetorical question. G

I've just been reading a dime novel in which a secondary character has
a severe case of Asperger's Syndrome. His symptoms are considerably
more pronounced than Scottie's. Assuming the author's portrayal is
accurate, I'd like to go on record in saying that although Witless is
quite the annoying little yapper, he copes pretty well with his mental
defect.

ASD means autism spectrum disorder. Spectrum, of course, indicates a
matter of degree. Most people with Aspergers can function in their
everyday life, but their interpersonal relationships often involve
plenty of compromises. Scott is fairly high-functioning. In fact, he
may not even have received an official diagnosis since it's so hard to
obtain one as an adult (since most of the assessment tests are geared
toward kids). But Scott has never once denied that he has AS, so I'm
thinking he does know.

I was discussing Aspergers with someone recently, and they pointed out
that many cartoonists may have had AS, most notably Charles Schulz.
When you look at each kid in Peanuts, you see a kid with AS. Linus is
very intelligent but needs a security blanket, Schroeder can't tear
himself away from his piano, Lucy is antagonistic yet thinks she's the
most popular one in the group.

I found this very interesting...infinitely more entertaining than
Scott.