Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Speakers That Sound Like Music

On Aug 28, 9:42=A0am, Dick Pierce wrote:
Scott wrote:
On Aug 28, 7:03 am, Robert Peirce wrote:
So far classical music seems to have remained unamplified but I think i=

is only a matter of time.

I wouldn't worry so much about classical music being amplified. There
has been a wonderful movement in modern concert hall design and in the
past 10 years there have been a substantial number of new concert
halls all over the world that offer new levels of excellence in
acoustics.

That's excellent news!

I can now take the quarter million dollars I don't
have to spend on wicked expensive speakers and
instead not have it to spend traveling to all these
new conceert halls all over the world that offer
new levels of excellence!

Oh, for the smiley challenged:

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 :-(

Well, for those interested in live classical music it is excellent
news. Yeah it's a big world and not many of us are going to go on
world tours of concert halls but the real world effect of these new
halls is very important for classical music. As a Los Angeles resident
I have had the pleasure of going to concerts in the new Performing
Arts center at Soka University.

http://www.soka.edu/about_soka/our_c...ts-Center.aspx

And I will be attending concerts at two other new facilities between
now and March in the Bay Area and in Las Vegas. between these three
facilities and of course our treasured state of the art home of the
L.A. Phil, Disney Hall I have access to an unprecedented quantity of
top quality live classical concerts. And I am going to all these
concerts for far less than a quarter of a million dollars.

http://www.starkinsider.com/2012/05/...d-santa-rosa-=
symphony-partner-with-carnegie-hall.html

http://www.thesmithcenter.com/about/

The fact is the more of these state of the art concert halls we have
around the world the better it will be for the health and well being
of classical music as living art form. Trickle down economics so to
speak. It's not all that hard to figure out. It's all part of the
infrastructure needed to facilitate the existence of great classical
music. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this has helped
facilitate the amazing levels of great classical music those of us
here on the west coast have enjoyed over the past 10 years or so.

I speak of my experience here in L.A. because that is where I live.
But this phenomenon has not been limited to L.A. or the west coast. It
is happening all over the world. And it is a good thing.

And of course the real reason it does not cost me a quarter million
dollars to enjoy all this amazing live classical music is due to the
folks who donate massive amounts of money to these programs.