Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Speakers That Sound Like Music

On Aug 28, 7:03=A0am, Robert Peirce wrote:
In article ,

=A0cjt wrote:
Anybody with $100K for speakers should spend that money attending live
performances. =A0That would support the music, which buying the speaker=

does not.

I used to attend live jazz concerts. =A0Then they started to amp them up.
The sound at home became better than the sound in the hall. =A0What reall=

irritated me was the hall was fairly small and didn't need any
amplification.

I've had similar experiences with musicals so I stopped going.

So far classical music seems to have remained unamplified but I think it
is only a matter of time.

I wouldn't worry so much about classical music being amplified. There
has been a wonderful movement in modern concert hall design and in the
past 10 years there have been a substantial number of new concert
halls all over the world that offer new levels of excellence in
acoustics.