Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hugeshows hugeshows is offline

Default EF86 preamp

Hi Jimmy,

I'm not familiar with that model, but those two schematics have a lot of differences. Apart from the fact that there's one less pentode in the second version, there's also two inputs for phono and line, two potentiometers (one at each input, and a diagram of the power supply. I'm sure there are more, but I am not really studying the circuit all that closely.

Perhaps there is more than one version of this preamp? The first set of schematics also has a complete section for tape outs and stuff not present in the second. So there are a lot more differences than just the missing EF86.

Somebody more familiar with that amp might be able to tell you what's going on... But at first glance, there are an awful lot of differences there. Anyone here ever seen one of these beasts before?

Cheers,

-forkinthesocket