Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Multi-channel high-end music player?

I've been looking at something like the Logitech Squeezebox for
convenient storage of recorded music. However, these devices all seem
to be stereo only, and I have a bunch of multi-channel SACDs that I'd
like to play. There doesn't seem to be any way to rip SACDs, so I
suppose I'd have to record them via the analog connections onto a
multi-channel PC soundcard. So, rather than something like a
Squeezebox, perhaps I could use a dedicated PC, although it wouldn't
be as convenient.

So, does anyone here have any suggestions about

a. A suitable soundcard (HDMI output would be nice)
b. Suitable software to do the multi-channel record and playback

Or maybe there is some nice multi-channel alternative to the
Squeezebox. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Andrew.