Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Power consumption

In article , "geoff" wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:54:39 -0800, Richard Crowley
wrote:

"The U.S. Department of Energy tells us that not only do appliances
continue to draw electricity while the products are turned off, but
in the average home nearly 75% of all electricty used to power
electronics is consumed by products that are switched off."

http://www.terrapass.com/blog/posts/...rts-and-slay-e
lectricity-vampir

That's only true if you have no fridge, electric stove, electric
washer/dryer and your HVAC uses no electricity.

The fridge alone will use more power than all the AC adapters, and
powered down electronics in a typical household.

And all are insignificant compared to having a stove element on for a minute
a day.

When I turn on both garage heaters, thats 6.3 KW, but my 2.5 ton air is only drawing 1.5KW.

greg