Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jason Warren[_2_] Jason Warren[_2_] is offline

Default Recommendations for an alternative to Audacity

In article , says...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:25:53 -0700, rtweed wrote
(in article ):

I'd be interested to know what software you folks would recommend for
post-production of audio field recordings (eg of ensembles, bands,
orchestras etc) - I record onto either a computer or a Zoom H4N.

--snip--
Actually, you have about hit the nail on the head. 'Audacity' does most
things more than adequately, and "Cubebase LE" is good for many of the bases
that 'Audacity' doesn't cover. You might also try "Garage Band" on the Mac
for some things but the best "not free" solution is Apple's 'Logic Express
9' music editing software. Of course, you need a Mac to run this stuff, but
if you're doing recording and editing on a computer, you should be using a

You might want to take a look at Cool Edit Pro. Adobe bought it and turned it into their
Audition product. I used CEP and now use Audition (not free) and recommend it/them..

Jason