Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Andre Jute

Default Why tubes are the paradigm

Incredible. Arny Krueger, an auto mechanic not widely renowned for his
culture, knows better what the musicians who recorded the discs hear
than they do.

He then justifies this travesty by making large assumptions and
presumtions which were not in my original post, and reinforces this
prejudice and straight wistful thinking without any proof offered.

Of course, in his usual slimy style, Arny also immediately impugns my
auditors as "very lilely" to be deaf.

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

It is the result at the ear that counts. If to the most experienced and
refined ears in the world, professional classical performers, the
people who make their living playing, recording, listening to the music
I wish to reproduce, a particular set of componentry sounds more like
an open window on the concert hall, that is the set of componentry I
want. I don't care whether the components are tubes or transistors or
some self-mimicking biological growth.

That professional musicians have extraordinary abilities to hear
imperfections due to techical issues is just and old wife's tale.

That's your opinion, Arny. It has no currency with those who actually
have professional performers available for such tests. If you have
proof, offer it. Othwise, blow.

For
openers, professional musicians, particularly classical performers, are
likely to be hearing-damaged due to exposure to loud sounds.

You have assumed my auditors are orchestral musicians. You have a
railroad mind, Arnie, that goes straight to the most obvious, lowest
common denominator, and squats on it despite all evidence that you are
in altogether the wrong place.

You have to prove that the hearing of even orchestral musicians is
impaired. Your unsupported opinions is merely a scandalous slander, a
slimy smear tactic.

Even soloists,
particularly soloists are likely to have their hearing damaged by the
extraordinarly loud sounds they can make with their own voices.

Another unproven claim.

Another unfounded presumption by this little man, Krueger. Nope, my
auditors aren't singers either. Keep guessing, Arny. Anyone who
seriously wanted to debate these matters would have asked which
musicians I used. Instead you storm in and start throwing accusations
based on absolutely nothing that I said.

In my experience professional musicians in blind tests prefer tubes.

Probably due to a number of factors.

(1) Classical musicians are basically performers of retro-music. That they
would prefer retro-technology makes perfect sense.

Absolute nonsense. How would they distinguish the sound of
"retro-technology" when all the amps on test are behind a curtain? You
do talk a lot of ridiculous crap, Arny.

(2) Said blind tests were set by Andre Jute. Therefore we know for sure that
they are biased against modern technology.

This sort of scummy mudslinging is beneath contempt. How could I bias a
test specifically designed to eradicate human bias?

This poor ignorant netwarrior Krueger should prove that I am against
modern technology; he's in for a whole row of very big surprises.

(3) Aformentioned hearing problems that endemic among performers who must
endure extraordinary SPLs as they perform.

Arny has now progressed from a tentative lie ("are likely to be
hearing-damaged") to stating as a fact that "hearing problems that
[are] endemic among performers" which is an outright lie.

(4) Problems related to the fact that musical performers *are* often very
sensitive listeners for *musical* differences, but not technical
differences. IOW, if you want to know that a note is off key, ask a
musician. If you want to know if it has audible nolinear distortion, find a
trained technical listener.

More tenth-rate engineer's gobbledegook: artificial problems. We
already know that ever-diminishing THD doesn't predict anything. All
you want to know from the musicians is which amp most closely
approximates what the music makers heard in the concert room as they
created the music. All this crap about "nonlinear distortion"
(barbarian tautological phrasing to make Arny sound "scientific" and
"professional") is a handful of dust in our eyes. When the best ears in
the business say that is the music they heard as they made it,
faithfully reproduced by the electronics, that is the amp we're
striving for. Arny and his kind are already surplus to requirements.
All this nastiness is their desperate rearguard action to protect their
importance.

What a transparent idiot this Arny Krueger is. How did such an
inadequate, ignorant jerk ever come to take control of RAO? Who
permitted this travesty?

Andre Jute