Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Nuclear weapons and phono cartridges

I live a few miles away from one of the critical facilities of the US
nuclear weapons program. "The Bomb Plant" as we call it actually makes
only non-nuclear parts for nuclear weapons, but it is one of the most
versatile yet precise facilities in the world for the manufacture of a
cornucopia of items. I have no doubt it could make a hell of a fine
phono cartridge if it were directed to do so by the US Department of
(No) Energy.

One amazing fact about this facility is that it occupies just 1/3 of
a huge building that was originally a Pratt and Whitney aircraft
engine plant in WWII. The GSA and the US Marine Corps occupy the rest
of this colossal edifice. Those are strictly administrative offices.