Posted to alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tech
David Nebenzahl

Default Tape to CD conversion question

Michael Weinstein spake thus:

On 2006-05-04 11:32:26 -0400, "Jeff Findley"
said:

"J Antero" wrote in message
ink.net...

I have a lot of music tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Is there any
easy way to do this well?

I've heard there are "blackbox" setups for this that are easier than
going the computer route, is that correct?

If by "blackbox" you mean Audio CD recorder, then yes, there is.

Audio CD recorders are very easy to use and plug into your stereo system
like another tape recorder. Only downside is you have to buy the AUDIO
only CD-Rs. They are only marginally more expensive but somewhat harder
to find.

What? Where do you get that from?

In fact, if anything, audio CDs (specifically, CD-DA) are *more*
tolerant of errors than data CDs, since they don't include the same ECC
stuff in each frame. Audio CDs typically contain many (digital) errors
that are corrected (usually by the drive hardware and firmware). Any
kind of CD will work just fine.

Just curious where you picked up this bit of urban folklore.

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"