Uptown Audio

Yes. It's true that the higher the rate, the better the sound, but I
only burn CD's uncompressed. I don't do that very often as I have
enough to just carry the ones I want about without worry for copies. I
actually own two copies of many. I don't know, i suppose I like the
artwork as much as the disc itself, so I would rather have a complete
set than a stack of discs or a hard drive full of MP3s. Many kids
(young and old!) like to store music files but I just say gimme an Lp,
gimme a CD, or get outta here! It is amazing to me how people can
spend hours at a computer making their music sound worse for
convenience, yet they can't get off the couch to plop on another disc!
Get some excercise, - get up and grab a beer!
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"chung" wrote in message
Uptown Audio wrote:
You don't do anyone any service by attempting to compare MP3 to
vinyl as equals. Vinyl is noticably superior to MP3 by even the
most novice of listeners. The only difference is the requirements
for quality playback systems for vinyl. MP3 sounds terrible, no
matter what quality system it is played back on.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Just out of curiosity, have you listened to mp3's or aac's encoded
at 320 Kbps?