Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default stopping "pop" in new set up?

On 3/11/2018 10:11 AM, JBI wrote:
I can see what you mean about the timed strips, but I'm under the
impression the delay feature only worked during power up.Â* However, I
can see where such a delay strip would be useful.

Some power sequencers offer sequenced turn-off as well as turn-on, so
you can have your speakers turn off first. But as I mentioned, and
you've observed, it's an expensive way to avoid remembering to do things
in an orderly manner.

On the other hand, why ever turn your computer off? I have six or seven
computers here and the only one that's ever turned off, other than for
maintenance, is the laptop that's only used for travel.

Also, I don't know if your speakers offer it, but several powered
speakers off an automatic standby mode that puts them in a very low
power consumption mode if they haven't seen a signal in an hour or so
and turn on automatically when they see a signal. So that might mean
that they might not turn on fast enough to catch the "pop" when you turn
your computer on or off.