Ben Bradley

On 20 Nov 2004 20:32:54 -0800, (matt cook) wrote:

I've got a bog-standard soundcard with the standard line in and
microphone ports. I'd like to record off them both at once, but can't
work out how to do it.

Do you want to have a stereo recording that has all these inputs,
or do you want to record four separate channels?

If just stereo, on most cards you can control the line and mic
input mix. Double-click your speaker icon (you ARE running MS Windows,
aren't you?), on the volume control menu go to options, properties.
Click on recording. Makes sure the Line In and Microphone selections
are checked. Click OK and it displays a recording mixer with those
inputs as sliders.

Is this possible, and if so, how? I'd prefer not to shell out AU$400
for a proper multiple input soundcard...

It appears you want four separate channels. There's that Turtle
Beach Santa Cruz four-input consumer-grade (as in inexpensive) card,
go look for it...

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley