Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

Default "U.S. record stores testing vinyl revival"

I lived with vinyl for over 35 years. I found it to be anything but
human-friendly. There was the LP collection that was destroyed by mold and
humidity in Miami. There was the one that was destroyed by dust storms in El
Paso.

Mold actually ate the vinyl?
Or just the covers?

People enjoy the vinyl
experience, just as some enjoy building speakers and
amplifiers themselves when perfectly good ones may be
bought.

Basically sentimentality.

Some people build cars and motorcycles and
airplanes too, although all those things are purchasable
cheaper off the rack.

But unless they are some great shakes as engineers and constructors, they
spare us claims that they are better than modern technology. Road courses
and stop watches settle that.

Vintage road racing is the most popular kind. And on track days Cobra
kit cars trounce anything with more modern tech in most cases.

Refusal to acknowledge that fact is just as obtuse as the
writer's inaccurate defense of vinyl superiority, if not
even more so.

Not at all. The so called facts are representative of only a tiny fraction
of all music lovers, as little as 0.3% using the statistics that the writer
provided. The technical errors related to 100% of every LP record and CD
ever made.

It isn't true. Vinyl resellers are doing very well in every city of
any substantial population I know of. 75% of audio DIY is tubes too.

Because that reporter probably put fifteen
minutes into that piece whereas thinking and writing
about these things is all you do, Arny.

Delusions of omniscience noted. You have no idea how much time I put into
these posts. In fact it is only a few minutes or less per post.

Yes but given your volume of posting it's most of your day.