Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Schizoid Man

Default Cambridge 740 cd player and pricing at Dynaco

wrote:
"69strat" wrote in message

I was ready to buy one of these, and see they sell for $350 everywhere.
On ebay, a store called Dynaco sells them factory new and sealed for
$250. are they a reputable company? They have high marks on their
sales. But don't get how they can sell it cheap, when Cambridge says
all dealers sell for the factory price.

If it's new and has the factory warranty, and you pay by credit card, it
should be no problem.
Don't know anything about Dynaco, but if you use a credit card you should be
protected from any problems.

Cambridge Audio CD players have a pretty neutral sounds - somewhere
between sweet and analytical. They sound really good for the price.
However, in my own experience, they have reliability issues.

I had a D500SE that I bought new that started acting up after about a
year of moderate use.

Rotel and NAD are two brands that you should also consider - they're in
the same price range.