Posted to rec.audio.misc,uk.rec.audio
Easynews Easynews is offline

Default Bookshelf spkrs for classical

"Chris Isbell" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:57:50 +0100, Gordon MacPherson
wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for bookshelf speakers to play classical music. Price
range is up to 350 GBP (say 500 USD). I have heard good things of the
B&W DM602 S3, Epos M5, Monitor Audio RS1, Wharfedale Diamond 9.2. I have
a medium sized room (about 12x14 ft). At the moment I am leaning
towards the Monitor Audios.
Any other suggestions or opinions welcome

You might like to listen to the Quad 11L speakers. I have a pair on my
secondary system and use them almost exclusively for classical music.

--
Chris Isbell
Southampton, UK

I second that- or even better the Quad 12L, though a bit more pricey. These
have gone a bit "out of fashion" since the company moved production to
China- hence you can often pick up reduced deals in stores (or eBay). They
are fantastic speakers- I use mine to listen to classical, both CD and
vinyl. You need a decent pair of speaker stands and cables to get the most
out of them though, and they have to be set well away from the wall- so I
guess not really bookshelf as such.