Craig Rutten Craig Rutten is offline
Junior Member

Location: Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I have a pair of DIATONE SPEAKERS MODEL DS-505 and one of the tweeter's
is is dead. It is part # OH-2323 BM and is a 6 ohm tweeter. If any one
knows of a replacement source or substitute to get me back in business
please email me at
I know the speakers very well. I know of no replacement drivers except exact replacement from Mitsubishi that are now virtually impossible to get that come close to the performance of these tweeters. My suggestion is, if the "tweeter" you are referring to is the super tweeter (the one with the smallest diameter dome), disconnect the other super tweeter. If you are adventuresome, find an electrostatic panel manufacture and get to very small panels per speaker, mount them on top of the DS-505, angle them appropriately, and cross them them over appropriately.

Good luck, have fun -- a DS-505 expert