Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default It Does Not Have to be Expensive....

Once upon a time on usenet Peter Wieck wrote:
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 9:21:51 AM UTC-4, ~misfit~ wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the A35s are a similar speaker to my
Goodmans
Mezzo SLs? They use a compliant 10" woofer with rubber surround
paired with
a SEAS 1.5" silk dome tweeter with alnico magnet. (The legendary
H-087 - a tweeter that sounds so good that SEAS make an updated
version for around a grand a pair
http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=...6&I temid=498
)

That would be reasonably close, I suspect. The A25 & A35 used the
same drivers, and the A50 used two woofers.

Thanks. I thought that the A25 used an 8" woofer and the A35 a 10" woofer?
I'm not sure, I don't think many Dynaco speakers made it as far as New
Zealand so I haven't seen a lot 'in the flesh'.

My Goodmans Mezzo SL use one of Goodmans own design 10" woofers paired with
the SEAS H-087 tweeter. (They came to NZ after spending the first 40 years
of their life in Israel - I am their second owner.)

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."