Posted to rec.audio.pro
Powell Powell is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

"Scott Dorsey" wrote

It has just occurred to me that Dolby and THX may be
different companies or systems.

They are, in fact, totally unrelated and have no connection
with one another in any way.

THX actually has a whole bunch of different certifications
which all have

Well I guess it's a good thing I caught my own error when
it went right over your head the first time... "*THX
Professional Facility certification,* for example."

Throughout this thread, I have made two basic statements:
first, that small cubical rooms are very bad and must be
changed, and secondly that bookcases make effective
diffusion devices. I have cited references for both of
these statements.

The substance and content of your posts was the BIG Zero.

Every other statement that you have attributed to me is something that
has come directly out of your own imagination. I do not appreciate
it when people attribute to me things that I did not say, did not mean,
and do not believe. Please stop.

More debate-speak. You make gross generalizations
about acoustic fixes. But when pressed you can't
support your boilerplate.

So, sending you to the F. Alton Everest book is not
sufficient? That would seem effective support to me.

Go get the book and do your own homework... then get
back with us with a methodology. You have the definition
now.

Go back, read what I wrote, and stop lying about what I said.
People don't like liars.

"People"... who do you personally speake for on this board,

This is not a "board." This is Usenet.

Hehehehe... deep, Scot, that's so DEEP! I've been
posting to high eight audio since 1996, under this handle.
This isn't school and you're not the teacher, sugar-pants.

Scott? You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own
facts or personal ownership of this board. .

I am entitled to basic consideration as a human being,
and to not be misquoted. Please stop lying about my
statements.

Remove the timber from your own eye first Scott.
The intent of USEnet is an open and free exchange
of information and ideas) You frighten off
participation by others (newbies) who might otherwise
learn and judge for themselves the merits of
audio ideas/concepts. But you got-to-be-you. That's
the price you make all users pay, sadly.

You may want to seek professional help. My psychology
degree is only in psychoacoustics and cannot prescribe
medication. You may want to speak with someone
who can.

Well this is pretty serious Scott, academic fraud. We're
to believe that you have a graduate or doctors degree
in psychology? Since you brought it up, what is you
formal education at the graduate plus level? Perhaps I
can e-mail Mr. Hawley if you can't remember.

And so no formal education in electronics, right?