Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

In article , Powell wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote
No, that information is contained in the manual which you can request
from the Dolby team. Clearly you are reading the words that I wrote but
you are not understanding the meaning of them. Either that or you are
deliberately lying.

The Dolby website has this:
http://www.dolby.com/professional/mo...er_studio.html

Mmmm... no. I'm looking for this:
http://www.thx.com/company/index.html

"THX PROFESSIONAL STUDIO CERTIFICATION"

It has just occurred to me that Dolby and THX may be
different companies or systems.

They are, in fact, totally unrelated and have no connection with one another
in any way.

THX actually has a whole bunch of different certifications which all have
different standards. They apply to different rooms and different systems
which are used differently.

SOME of the THX standards have the criteria available, but not all of
them do. In some cases the criteria are reasonable, in others they
are pretty ludicrous. In the case of monitoring systems they also limit
the available monitoring hardware to equipment which has been certified
under laboratory conditions.

For the most part the THX certifications are good minimal standards, but
some of them have some bizarre requirements which may rule out some
configurations that will actually give better performance.

There is no THX standard for small cubical rooms.

You are putting words into my mouth
again. Stop lying.

Is this your overall position, Scott?

No, it is not.

If you say so, Scott.

Throughout this thread, I have made two basic statements: first, that
small cubical rooms are very bad and must be changed, and secondly that
bookcases make effective diffusion devices. I have cited references
for both of these statements.

Every other statement that you have attributed to me is something that
has come directly out of your own imagination. I do not appreciate
it when people attribute to me things that I did not say, did not mean,
and do not believe. Please stop.

More debate-speak. You make gross generalizations
about acoustic fixes. But when pressed you can't
support your boilerplate.

So, sending you to the F. Alton Everest book is not sufficient? That
would seem effective support to me.

Go back, read what I wrote, and stop lying about what I said.
People don't like liars.

"People"... who do you personally speake for on this board,

This is not a "board." This is Usenet.

Scott? You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own
facts or personal ownership of this board. .

I am entitled to basic consideration as a human being, and to not
be misquoted. Please stop lying about my statements.

You may want to seek professional help. My psychology degree is only
in psychoacoustics and cannot prescribe medication. You may want to
speak with someone who can.