Posted to rec.music.makers.guitar,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Home Studio Sound treatment/Sound Proofing Question

In article ,
Powell wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote

I think your information is incorrect. A facility does not submit
theoretical paperwork to get certified. It is based on actual
measurements by company (Dolby) representatives.
*THX Professional Facility certification,* for example.

Where did I say this was not the case? Please don't put words
in my mouth.

You wrote "manual and a fancy calculator for figuring
room modes." I'm not interested in this whatsoever.

Well, indeed, that's what Dolby will give you. I have one on my
desk at home. They have a standard kit which includes the aforementioned
manual which describes the measurements and what the allowable limits
are, and includes the aforementioned calculator. I believe if you look
on the Dolby web site you will probably see a mention of this.

meth-od-ol-o-gy (meth uh dol'uh jee) n. pl. -gies
1. a set or system of methods, principles,
and rules used in a given discipline, as
in the arts or sciences.

As in actual tester methodology for certification.

Yes, of course they do that. When did I say they didn't? You seem to
have a severe reading comprehension problem and a bizarre knee-jerk
reaction to anything that involves calculation.